What does permanent, integrative, and holistic wellness for a sustainable world look like?
There aren’t too many models at the moment, but Permintic Health and Wellness is leading the way with a new vision of what healthcare could be.
Permintic Health and Wellness is one of the next steps in the path that my partner and I are following to foster the change to a sustainable, equitable, and exciting new world that works with the Earth for the benefit of people and planet.
Here is some selected text from the Philosophy page that Michael has written:
Optimal wellness is a state of being that everyone has a right to achieve and maintain. But it requires radical lifestyle modification:
- being more closely connected with our food
- refusing to settle for the quick and easy “choices” offered by civilization
- communing with nature
- minimizing our dependence on fossil fuels
- engaging in life-affirming and community-building activities
- learning skills that enhance our resilience
- attending to our spiritual and emotional needs
- …and much more.
These are changes that are intrinsically valuable, that lead to a more healthy and fulfilling lifestyle, and that many would make in a heartbeat if they had the means.
Hmm…a lot of the things I try to discuss on this blog!
He also mentions:
Permintic Health & Wellness strives to create solutions for individuals who want to take an active role in optimizing and sustaining their health. We realize that:
- Without healthy humans who are committed to restoring, maintaining, and improving the health of the Earth, the Earth may soon be unable to sustain human existence, much less human health.
- In order for humans to be healthy, they must have access to affordable and integrative health, healing, and wellness services that do not require them to live an unsustainable lifestyle that damages the health of the Earth.
- In order for these services to be available, they must be sustainable – i.e., they must not be dependent upon consumption of resources faster than they can be replenished.
Wonderful, isn’t it? Feel free to head on over to Permintic’s site for more information. Keep in mind, this is definitely a work in progress, but we’re excited to have feedback and input from others. We’re currently looking for additional ideas, collaborators, and support – let us know if you can help in any way.
What is your vision for the future of healthcare?
Also make sure to take a look at Michael’s previous post on These Light Footsteps: Who’s Considering Sustainability in Healthcare?