I’m surprised I haven’t shared this recipe yet – it’s another of my summer favorites, and it always works well for potlucks. It’s easy to prepare and even easier to share!
- Large bell pepper or two smaller peppers, diced (pick your favorite colors!)
- Small onion, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, stripped off the cob (or 1 can of corn, or equivalent of frozen corn)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed of the black goo (or the equivalent soaked from the night before and rinsed)
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare vegetables and add to a large bowl along with the black beans.
- Stir in vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to taste! Aim for a ratio of 1:3 vinegar to oil.
Easy enough, right? The hardest part might be avoiding tears when chopping the onion! And it can be made with fresh vegetables found right outside your door or at your local farmers’ market.
This was definitely a good place to share the spirit of Earth-friendly living with a mostly local-foods dish.
Do you have a favorite bean salad?